Tupelo Ballet 2011-12 auditions set for today
- Auditions for the 2011-12 Tupelo Ballet will be 3:30 p.m. today at Tupelo Academy of Dance Arts, 775 Poplarville, Tupelo.
Auditions are for fourth grade to 12th grade. Classic ballet attire and pointe shoes are required. There’s a $20/audition fee.
For information, call Sharon Long, Tupelo Ballet artistic director, at (662) 844-1928, or visit tupeloballet.com.
Pair of exhibits closing soon at downtown venues
- Time is running out to catch a pair of exhibits in downtown Tupelo.
• Mississippi Oil Painters Association exhibit will close Friday at Caron Gallery in Tupelo. Call (662) 205-0351.
• Corvette exhibit will close Saturday at Tupelo Automobile Museum. Call (662) 842-4242.
Pioneer group to give living history display
- The Tombigbee Pioneer Group will bring the past to the Natchez Trace Parkway Visitor Center in Tupelo.
The group will perform living history demonstrations from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. It’s free. Call (662) 680-4027.
Music, more planned for town celebration
- Blue Springs Day will be 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
Music will be provided by a variety of performers. There will be political speaking, face painting, vendors and more.
Raffles will be conducted to raise money for Smithville. For more, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Horse show scheduled for Saturday at pavilion
- An all-gaited horse show will be 6 p.m. Saturday at Amory Livestock Pavilion.
It’ll feature a variety of classes, and there will be cash awards. Admission is $3/7 and older and free/6 and under. Call (662) 640-8762 for information.
House of Music features Real Country Band, others
- The entertainment will start at 7 a.m. Friday at the House of Music in Ecru.
Real Country Band and others will perform until 10 p.m. in the alcohol- and smoke-free venue. Admission is $3. Call (662) 296-8221.
Summer Sunset series to close with Jazz Lite
- Jazz Lite will close out the Summer Sunset Series in Oxford from 7 to 9 p.m. Sunday.
The free concert will take place at the University of Mississippi’s Grove. For more, email museum.olemiss.edu.