Here are highlights from the press release from the FAA, via Sen. Thad Cochran's office:
• This grant will provide federal funding for the Tupelo Regional Airport in Mississippi.
• This project provides funds to design a runway extension. The runway extension will allow the run· way to meet the operational needs of the airport.
• This grant will provide funds to conduct a Wildlife Hazard Assessment to identify the wildlife species observed and assess their numbers, locations, local movement and daily/seasonal activities.
• Tupelo Regional Airport is a nonhub primary airport associated with Tupelo, Mississippi.
• Following this grant announcement, FAA will notify the sponsor of the allocation. A grant offer will be issued subsequently for this grant as finally formulated.
Click here for more at the Biz Buzz blog.