* Tuesday, 5 to 7:30 p.m.: "Christmas at Lucille's Place" (419 Van Buren Ave.), featuring Christmas decorations and holiday ideas with a Southern flair. Tickets $5 at RSVP, University Florist and at the door.
* Wednesday, 6:30 p.m.: Lighting of the University of Mississippi's Christmas tree, in the Circle near the Lyceum, with songs by the Ole Miss Gospel Choir and greetings by university officials. Free.
* Wednesday, 6:30 to 11 p.m.: "A Grand Ole Christmas" in the Ole Miss Student Union, with readings of Christmas stories, a meet-and-greet with the Ole Miss ice hockey team, Tacky Sweater Contest, make-your-own Christmas cards and ornaments. (Cards can be kept or delivered to residents at Graceland Care Center.) Free. (662) 915-1044.
* Friday and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.: Oxford Artists' Guild Holiday Art Market at the Powerhouse (413 S. 14th St.), featuring handmade artworks. (662) 236-6429 or www.oxfordarts.com.
* Friday and Saturday, 7 p.m.: "A Theatre Oxford Christmas" at the Powerhouse, featuring Oxford Middle School Chamber Ensemble and Theatre Oxford with Christmas music, readings and refreshments.
Tickets $10 adults, $8 children. www.theatreoxford.ticketleap.com/a-theatre-oxford-christmas.
* Friday, 7 p.m.: Handel's "Messiah," part 1, Gertrude C. Ford Performing Arts Center (100 University Ave.). $15 adults; $10 students, Ole Miss faculty and staff. (662) 915-7411.
* Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.: "Santa's Workshop" at University Museum (University Ave. at 5th St.) with gift-making for ages 5 to 12 and a visit to the gingerbread houses on display at the Ford Center. (662) 915-7073.
* Saturday, 7 p.m., and Sunday, 2:30 p.m.: "An Oxford Christmas," at the Ford Center, featuring more than 200 voices and orchestra. Free; tickets available at North Oxford Baptist Church or Ford Center box office.
* Dec. 5, 3 to 5 p.m.: Christmas Open House, Cedar Oaks Mansion (601 Murray St.), featuring "The House that Would Not Die" in historic holiday finery, with music and refreshments. (662) 234-1532.
* Dec. 5, 7 p.m.: Oxford Lions Club Christmas Parade, from Mid-Town Shopping Center at the Ford Center via Lamar Boulevard and University Avenue, with the theme "Dreams of Christmas."
* Dec. 8, 7 to 9 p.m.: Yoknapatawpha Arts Council Holiday Party and Ornament Auction at the Powerhouse. Free to YAC members. (662) 236-6429.
* Dec. 10-11, 1 to 4 p.m.: Junior Auxiliary of Oxford Holiday Tour of Homes. Tickets (662) 801-3138 or 816-0940.
* Dec. 11, 3 p.m.: "Sounds of the Season" at the Ford Center featuring heartwarming favorites performed by the Tupelo Symphony Orchestra under the direction of Steven Byess along with Mary Donnelly Haskell and Guy Hovis, hosted by Emmy-award-winning actress Doris Roberts. (662) 915-7411 or www.fordcenter.org.