The Hitching Post restaurant caught on fire around 1 a.m. Thursday.
The Kossuth Volunteer Fire Department along with members from the Southwest and Biggersville volunteer fire departments had the blaze contained by 2:30 a.m.
"It was a good sized blaze," said Kossuth Fire Chief Adrian Hodom. "Our last truck left at about 4:15 a.m., staying to hit some hot spots."
The fire consumed most of the kitchen and roof as well as a large portion of the restaurant's dining area.
No one was in the building at the time of the fire and there were no injuries reported.