Sen. Thad Cochran's office announced the Airport Improvement Program grants Monday.
The grant program was among the issues debated in the recent congressional legislation to reauthorize the Federal Aviation Administration.
This week's is the second round of grant announcements. Mississippi received 22 grants totaling more than $9.75 million in May, and several Northeast Mississippi airports were included in those grants.
Regional grants announced Monday include:
* Oxford-University Airport, $342,900, for construction of an access road.
* New Albany-Union County, $287,000, for acquisition of land for approaches to enhance protection and an update of the Airport Master Plan to identify future needs.
* Booneville-Baldwyn, $284,210, for construction of a taxiway to provide access to hangars and construction of sewer lines to serve the terminal and hangars.
* Houston Municipal, $136,886, for rehabilitation of the runway.
* Holly Springs-Marshall County, $36,000, to acquire land adjacent to the airport for future development.