Amory, New Albany, Tupelo and Water Valley were among the winners at the annual awards meeting of the Mississippi Main Street Association. The luncheon was held Thursday at the Old Capitol Inn in downtown Jackson.
Tupelo's Haire Wealth Management Green Space won the best public improvement project. The park, which opened this year, rehabbed an empty lot on Court Street and turned it into a space with plants, sculptures, benches and a small picnic space.
Landscape architect Shipman Sloan led the efforts.
* Best new signage: Bill Warren's Signs in Water Valley
* Best creative fundraising project: Postcards amp& Pizza in Water Valley
* Best image or branding promotion: Open for Business in Tupelo
* Best newsletter (population over 5,000): Amory Main Street Newsletter
* Best retail promotion: Downtown Tupelo Cash Mob
* Spirit of Main Street Award: Pep Rally in the Park in Amory
* Best arts event: Arts, Beats and Eats in New Albany
* Best special event: Second Annual Community Sing-Along in Water Valley
* Charles O. Beasley Scholarship Award: Mickey Howley in Water Valley
The association currently has 51 active Main Street communities throughout the state.