ACTS – Alcohol Chemical Treatment Series – is a curriculum-based self-help, recovery and educational program for anyone wanting to recover from alcohol or drugs, and their families. ACTS meets from 6 to 7 p.m. every Tuesday at Cedar Grove United Pentecostal Church on North Veterans Boulevard, Tupelo. ACTS is free. Call 844-9637.
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women working to solve their common problem of alcoholism. There are no dues or fees.
• Tupelo: 31 meetings are offered. Call 844-0374 or visit www.aa-mississippi.org for listings.
• There are also meetings in Aberdeen, Ackerman, Amory, Belmont, Booneville, Bruce, Calhoun City, Corinth, Fulton, Holly Springs, Houlka, Houston, Iuka, New Albany, Oxford, Pontotoc, Starkville and West Point. Call (800) 344-2666.
For a listing of addiction support groups around Northeast Mississippi, call the National Council on Alcohol and Drug Dependency at 841-0403 or check www.msncadd.net.
Addiction help – Narconon, an international organization of treatment centers, drug education and prevention services, provides free consultations from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week for those with drug addictions. Call (800) 556-8885.
Al-Anon is a fellowship of friends and relatives of alcoholics. The group has meetings at several locations:
• American Legion Building, Fairground Circle, New Albany, 8 p.m. Mondays.
• Cornerstone Methodist Church, Tupelo, 5:30 p.m. Mondays. Call (662) 871-687-1811 or (662) 871-8068.
• First Presbyterian Church, Tupelo 8 p.m. Tuesdays.
• Easy Does It Group, noon Thursdays at Brooks Center at Fulton Methodist Church. Call Bob W. (662) 401-8094.
• Peace Seekers Family Group, noon Wednesday and Friday at Calvary Baptist Church, Tupelo. Call (662) 401-8094 or (847) 902-6267.
• Saltillo Family Group, 10:30 a.m. Saturdays, 385 Mobile St., Saltillo, (662) 871-7646.
• Solution Seekers – Adult Children of Alcoholics meets at noon Mondays at Calvary Baptist Church fellowship hall, Tupelo. Call Nancy P. at (847) 902-6267.
Groups also meet in Belmont, Corinth and Oxford.
Bereavement Support Group meets 10 a.m. the fourth Tuesday of the month at Darlington Oaks on Skeet Drive in Verona. Call Community Hospice at (662) 566-4011.
Celebrate Recovery is a Bible-based group open to those struggling with addiction, anger issues, grief, guilt, shame, financial loss, abuse, eating disorders or compulsive behaviors. Groups meet at:
• 7 p.m. Fridays in the youth building at West Jackson Street Baptist Church, Tupelo. Contact Neil Naron at (662) 891-1773 or Susan Naron at 871-3872.
• 6 p.m. Saturdays at NorthStar Church, 112 Bauhaus, Saltillo. Call (662) 869-7778 or email cr@northstarchurch .com.
The Compassionate Friends-Tupelo, a support group for families who have suffered the death of a child of any age, meets at 6 p.m. the fourth Thursday of the month at NMMC Wellness Center in Tupelo. Call Dave Jensen at (662) 842-1327 or (662) 231-1305 or Jamie Seale at (662) 213-2776 or (662) 842-3174. Parents, step-parents, grandparents and siblings are invited to attend. Information is at www.compassionatefriends.org.
Diabetes Support Group-West Point meets quarterly at NMMC-West Point. Contact Ginger Carver at (662) 495-2213.
A Domestic Violence Support Group meets at 3:30 p.m. the first Thursday of the month at the Lee County Family Resource Center in Tupelo. Child care available. Call (662) 844-0013.
A Domestic Violence Support Group meets at 6 p.m. every Thursday. Call (800) 527-7233 for location. Child care is provided.
FACE IT food allergy support group meets the first Friday and third Monday of the month. Focused on parents of children with food allergies, but open to others with medical conditions that require food avoidance. Contact Amelia at (662) 322-7434 or faceittupelo@live .com for locations and times.
Fibromyalgia Support Group-Tupelo meets at 6 p.m. on the fourth Monday of the month at the Women First Resource Center 215 N. Gloster, Suite D, in Tupelo. Call 842-5725.
Gray Matters Support Group for anyone diagnosed with a brain tumor and their caregivers meets at 6 p.m. the last Tuesday of the month at the NMMC Cancer Center in Tupelo. Call Cindy Edwards at (662) 377-4049 or (800) 843-3375.
Grief Support Group-Fulton sponsored by Gentiva Hospice meets at 2 p.m. the fourth Wednesday of the month at MSU Extension Office in Fulton. Free and open to anyone in need. Call Danny Rushing at (662) 620-1050.
La Leche League of Lee County offers mother-to-mother support for breastfeeding. The group meets at 11 a.m. the first Thursday of the month. All pregnant and breastfeeding mothers are invited to attend. Other LLL services include a lending library and 24-hour telephone help. For information about meeting location or help with a breastfeeding concern please call Toni at (662) 255-8283.
Lupus Support is available in Northeast Mississippi. Sponsored by the Lupus Foundation of America. Open to anyone interested in lupus. Contact Michelle Harris at (662) 825-0224 or (662) 256-2604.
Mended Hearts-Tupelo, a support group for people who have had heart-bypass surgery, heart disease or other physical ailments of the heart, meets at 5:45 p.m. the last Thursday of each month except December at Room 21 of the NMMC East Tower Education Center. Dinner available for $11; RSVP required for dinner. Call Frances Cobb at (662) 840-4335 to register.
Mental Health Family Support Group meets at 10 a.m. the second and fourth Saturday of the month at North Mississippi RC on Highway 7 in Oxford. The group is designed for family members of people with serious mental illness. Call (800) 357-0388 or visit www.nami.org.
Mississippi Chapter of Parents of Blind Children will meet at 9 a.m. the last Saturday of the month at the Harden House office on North Gloster Street in Tupelo. Contact Pat Sartain at (662) 871-8262.
Mississippi Council of the Blind of North Mississippi meets at 10 a.m. the first Saturday of each month The organization is open to the blind or visually impaired, and sighted people. Call Terry Shelton at (662) 871-8310.
NAMI Connection, a weekly recovery group for people living with mental illness, meets Sundays at 3:30 p.m. at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. Call (800) 357-0388 or visit www.nami.org.
Narcotics Anonymous, a community-based association of recovering drug addicts, meets in Lee County.
• Tupelo group meets at the Salvation Army on Carnation Street at 6 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays and 1 p.m. and 6 p.m. Sundays.
• Mooreville group meets at 4:30 p.m. Sunday and 6 p.m. Wednesday at Living Waters Community Church on County Road 1554.
• Groups also meet in Ackerman, Amory, Booneville, Bruce, Corinth, Mooreville, New Albany, Oxford, Pontotoc, Ripley and Starkville.
Call (662) 841-9998 or toll-free (866) 841-9998 for more information.
New Moms Support Group meets at 10:30 a.m. Fridays at the Breast Feeding Resource Center at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi. Open to all new moms. Call (662) 513-1602.
Parkinson’s Disease Support Group-Tupelo meets at 3 p.m. the first Sunday of the month at NMMC Wellness Center in Tupelo. Contact Ginger Gore or Amanda Allen at (662) 377-3729.
A Sexual Addiction Support Group meets in Tupelo. Call (662) 841-0403.
A Sexual Assault Support Group meets at 11 a.m. every Wednesday. Call (800) 527-7233 for location.
Sisters Network, Tupelo chapter of the African-American breast cancer survivor’s support group, meets at 5:30 p.m. the first Monday of the month at the Link Centre in Tupelo. Call Norma Derring at 842-3440.
TOPS, a weight loss support group, has two chapters meeting in Northeast Mississippi. Fees are $24 for annual membership; $12 for spouses and teens. Call (800) 932-8677 or visit www.tops.org.
• Tupelo: 5:30 p.m. Thursdays at Salvation Army Building at 527 Carnation St. Call Janice Roach at (662) 871-8653.
• Aberdeen: 5 p.m. Tuesdays at Southside Baptist Church on Meridian Street. Call Janet Luker, (662) 369-6836 or (662) 369-1878, Grace Guin, (662) 369-4431 or Pat Harris, (662) 327-7152.
Tupelo Lost Chords Club meets at noon the fourth Thursday of the month at the Longtown Medical Park conference room in Tupelo. The club is open to all laryngectomees, spouses of laryngectomees and interested professionals. Call Lisa Renfroe at (662) 377-3248.
Weight Loss Support Group will meet at 6 p.m. the first Thursday of the month at NMMC Wellness Center in Tupelo. The group provides education and emotional support for those considering or have gone through bariatric surgery. Contact registered nurse Cherri Cox at (662) 377-7546 or (866) 908-9465.