He’ll come in Nov. 16 as part of the mall’s annual Christmas parade, according to Marketing Director Cindy Childs.
The parade starts at 6 p.m. on Mall Drive, then follows the outside of the building from Sears to JCPenney to Belk and then to the food court.
Childs said the parade will feature live monkeys, high school marching bands, cheerleaders, dance groups, fire engines, princesses in a horse-drawn carriage and other special guests.
Santa then will take his place in center court to take pictures. He’ll be available at the mall until Christmas Eve.
Other events at the mall:
• Nov. 9: Angel Tree kickoff at 1 p.m. The Salvation Army Angel Tree will be set up at center court until Dec. 9 to collect toys for needy children.
• Nov. 23: Black Friday. The mall opens at midnight.
• Nov. 25: Regional Rehab telethon from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
• Dec. 1: Christmas fashion show at 2 p.m. at food court.
• Dec. 6-7: St. Jude Telethon. Miss 98 will be raising money for St. Jude in the food court.
• Dec. 12: Meet & greet with Disney on Ice characters at 5:30 p.m.