In 2010, 26 defendants were indicted by a federal grand jury accusing them of a conspiracy to distribute powder and crack cocaine, possession of guns in commission of a drug crime, illegal use of cellphones, money laundering and unlawful sale of marijuana.
U.S. District Judge Sharion Aycock presided over the sentencing of:
• Mario Ladell “Yo” McClinton, 33, no address listed, 168 months in prison
• Ronnie Dean “Action” Bennett, 38, of West Point, 120 months in prison
• Shantana Shana Joiner, 24, of Batesville, 151 months in prison
• Kerrick Deshaun Hughes, 30, of Bates-ville, 107 months in prison
• Lonzo Lezell “Zell” Griffin, 29, of Cypress, Texas, 360 months in prison
• Airen Paige Williams, no age or address listed, 120 months in prison
• Shalise Ewing, 30, of Tupelo, 5 years probation and eight months home confinement, 500 hours community service
Since their indictment, most of their co-defendants have pleaded guilty to various participation in the scheme.
They were sentenced by Aycock.