Paintings, sculptures and more will be on dispaly at the GumTree Museum of Art during an exhibit from the Mississippi Chapter of the National Museum of Women in the Arts. A free opening reception will be 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, and the exhibit will be on display until the end of April. Call (662) 844-2787.
‘Illuscination’ circus opens today at arena
- Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey’s ‘Illuscination” will open at 7 p.m. today at the BancorpSouth Arena.
Shows will be 10:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. Friday, 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. Saturday, and 2 p.m. Sunday. Tickets range from $12 to $35 at the arena box office, Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000, or www.Ringling.com.
Gwirtzman to perform different instruments
- Israeli musician Amir Gwirtzman will perform woodwind instruments from around the world beginning at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Link Centre.
Tickets are $10/adults and $5/students at the box office, (662) 690-4011, www.link-centre.org or at the door.
He’ll give a free demonstration at 7 p.m. today at First United Methodist Church, Tupelo.
Balloon festival starts Friday at Ballard Park
- The Up, Up & Away Hot Air Balloon Festival will be 5 to 8 p.m. on Friday and 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday at Ballard Park.
There will be balloon rides, races, music and a 5K run. Tickets range from $5 to $12. Call (662) 844-8604.
2010 Azalea Festival features food and fun
- The Presley Heights Azalea Festival will be Saturday at Veterans Park and East Tupelo.
There will be food, music, arts, crafts, kids’ activities, a 5K run and more. Call (662) 213-5599.
Columnist Johnson will deliver library lecture
- Award-winning columnist Rheta Grimsley Johnson will speak during the 2010 Helen Foster Lecture.
The event will be 2 p.m. Sunday at Lee County Library in Tupelo. It’s free. Call (662) 841-9027.
Lulu from ‘Hee Haw’ coming to Agri-Center
- Lulu Roman from “Hee Haw” will sing gospel music and tell motivational stories at 7 p.m. Saturday.
The event will be at the Lee County Agri-Center’s Magnolia Room. Tickets are $10/at the door. Call (662) 566-5600.
Actors will present fictional ‘Hee Haw’
- Speaking of Lulu, Tallahatchie River Players will stage “Hee Haw” at 7 p.m. today and Friday and 2 p.m. Saturday at the Ciné Theatre in New Albany.
Tickets are $10/reserved seating. Call (662) 534-3438.
Daily Journal reports