Because the storm system blew through by mid-afternoon on Saturday, some musical acts, including headliners Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, were able to sing as scheduled on Saturday night.
Races, games, bus rides and the arts-and-crafts fair were delayed until Sunday.
"It's sort of something that was forced by the circumstances," said Mary-Kathryn Millner, director of tourism for the Oxford Convention and Visitors Bureau. "I've heard from a lot of people that it was really popular. We've heard from a lot of vendors that it was as good (in sales) as other years."
One woman on Sunday afternoon said, "I love it. You get the rowdy crowd in here for the music, and then they go home and it's quiet the next day for the arts and crafts."
Assistant Police Chief Joey East said the crowds both days were relatively trouble-free, which made it a good first Double Decker experience for the four-man horse patrol that was commissioned in February.
"When the band was over with (Saturday night), we didn't have to move the crowd; we just stood in front of the stage and kind of let everybody know it was time to go home," East said. "On Sunday, it was more public relations; people just enjoyed the horses."
If Double Decker Festival were to be split, it would probably be a Friday-Saturday affair.
"I don't think anybody can deny that Sunday was a huge success," said Jason Plunk, owner of Taylor's Pub, who lambasted city leaders for not legalizing Sunday alcohol. "It was just a shame that restaurants and bars around the Square were not allowed to fully enjoy that success."
Mayor Pat Patterson said too many issues remain unsettled for him to support Sunday alcohol sales.
"We've got a really neat, special town, and we've got some late-night issues that we're working on," Patterson said. "I don't want those problems to extend over into Sunday."
He added that those who disagree have the option of petitioning for a ballot referendum.
Millner said permanently splitting the festival between two days will be mentioned at tonight's Tourism Council meeting, but a decision is not likely yet.
"I hope we can delay any major decisions until May so we can really know how it went," she said. "It's hard to do all that until we've paid the bills."
Contact Errol Castens at (662) 281-1069 or email@example.com.