Tupelo man dead after house fire


By JB Clark

Daily Journal

TUPELO – A Tupelo man died from injuries sustained in an early morning fire Saturday.

Romero Hampton, 41, was in his 201 South Foster Street home with his wife early Saturday morning.

Lee County Coroner Carolyn Green said he woke his wife up and she was able to exit the home but he was not. He was pronounced dead at 6:06 a.m. at the North Mississippi Medical Center.

Green said he appears to have suffered from smoke inhalation but an autopsy will be performed Monday to be sure.

The Tupelo Fire Department and Tupelo Police Department are still investigating the fire.


Click video to hear audio

  • james

    I hate to say, maybe it was karma. I met her once and she said some things during the meeting that was inappropriate and judgmental against those looking for work, unable to find something permanent.